Friday, July 3, 2009

When I grow up, I'm going to be a sweater!





What started as kool-aid dyed roving is now in the final stages of sweaterhood. I used Paradise Fibers 64 Count Merino and their Mulberry Silk. The merino spun very nicely, and the Mulberry Silk was a bit different. I noticed that one end or the other of the broken roving drafts better. I spun everything fairly tight, but, as I am a novice spinner, the yarn came out thick and thin. As I used 2 different colors, I wanted the pattern to reflect the beauty of the yarn, so I chose to do a wrap-around raglan cardigan. I am just beginning on the sleeves, and have yet to add a hood or collar to it, but this is my most current project. It has been truly a joy to design and knit. I've had quite a bit of help from Stitch n' Bitch: A knitter's design journal. I strongly suggest this book or something like it for anyone who wants to try design out. As this is my first handspun, hand-dyed sweater, I'm very excited for it to come off my needles.


No comments:

Post a Comment