Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Review: Stitch n Bitch: A knitter's design journal







As a knitter with unlimited creativity, I often will find myself starting projects, especially sweaters, and never finishing them, either because I got bored with the project, ran out of yarn or found something more interesting. While shopping for books one morning, I found this little gem, which has revolutionized my approach to design. To begin with, they give you all the formulas, models and ideas you need. In addition to this, they have troubleshooting tips, a knit gauge check and needle sizer, and scads of design pages and graph paper for all of your ideas. This is a must-buy for anyone looking to expand their horizons and try designing, for anyone who would like to move their scope of designing from "scarves and hats" to "sweaters and everything else."

No comments:

Post a Comment