Sunday, June 21, 2009

Berry-dyed roving into yarn





This is the berry-dyed roving turned into yarn. Its a nice, muted color, perfect for matching with earthtones. One of the nice things about crockpot dyeing is that it doesn't disturb the composition of the fiber-- I've had a handful of experiences where I felted my roving because it boiled too long or I agitated it in the dyepot too much. It will be great to knit with and I'll post the pictures of the final product up here when I'm done.
Copyright (C) 2009 Sara LeMaster

1 comment:

  1. Hi ,
    I'm Samia Elsheikh from group Fiber Arts on facebook. I'm interrested in the hand spinning wheel shown here. please tell how can I get one and how it works. I live in egypt.
    thanx for stopping by my group and hope to learn from each other.

    ReplyDelete